Ligmincha Learning is pleased to announce that we will be offering a new online course introducing the practices of Sherap Chamma the Mother of Wisdom and Love, beginning January 2017, taught by Marcy Vaughn.
In many cultures the primordial female energy is seen as the origin of existence and the source of all positive qualities. Sherap Chamma, Mother of Wisdom and Love, is the source of wisdom, and her medicine is love and compassion. The teachings of Sherap Chamma comprise one of the most important tantric cycles of the ancient Bön tradition.
In this online course, participants will learn a beautiful and simple meditation practice enabling each to directly connect with the divine feminine energy. Within the support of the group, we create an environment to promote profound healing of physical, energetic, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of life. With visualization, the sound of mantra, and deep contemplation, we make a personal connection to this sacred form of the universal mother, Sherap Chamma, and are guided through this connection to our innate wisdom and the love and compassion that naturally radiate from that wisdom. Those experienced in meditation as well as those who are beginning are warmly welcomed.
Marcy Vaughn has been a practitioner of Tibetan Buddhism for more than 40 years and graduated in the first class of the master’s program in contemplative psychotherapy at Naropa University. Currently a therapist in private practice in Pennsylvania, USA. Marcy teaches meditation classes and leads retreats that explore imagery and voice in the healing process.
Marcy edited the books Tibetan Sound Healing, Awakening the Sacred Body, and Awakening the Luminous Mind, all by Tenzin Wangyal. She helped design and teaches in the The 3 Doors Academy, a three-year training program bringing contemplative practices to a secular world.
This course features
- Teaching Videos – Marcy Vaughn will give instruction and commentary on a pith practice created by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche for his Western students.
- Guided Meditation Videos – Be supported to enter a sacred healing space in the comfort of your own home.
- Meditation Assignments – Experience support to heal challenges of body, speech, and mind through formal and informal practices designed for each part of the course.
- Online Discussions – contribute to a global discussion with your classmates facilitated by Marcy Vaughn.
Students work with the online materials according to their own schedules. However, as a general guideline we suggest that students make available – 1 to 1.5 hours each week to enjoy the teaching and guided practice videos, 30 – 90 minutes each morning during the course to experience the formal meditation practices (don’t worry if you miss a practice but try not to); and between 1 to 2 hours per week for participating in online discussions.
The course is structured in four parts with a week devoted to each section. Learners can study at their own pace, and have access to all materials as they are released, so it is easy to review earlier sections. Here are the topics for each week:
- Introduction to Sherap Chamma and Guru Yoga.
- Healing your pain body through self-transformation into Sherap Chamma
- Healing your emotions through the heart meditation of release and retrieval with Sherap Chamma
- Resting in the nature of mind through the blessings of Sherap Chamma.
All high definition videos in the course will play on any web browser, and on iPads, smart phones, and other mobile devices. We think you will find the course a beautiful way to bring more love and wisdom into your life.
Course Dates: January 6 – February 3, 2017
Cost: $175. Registration now open.