Welcome to the Five Elements Meditation Course. This course will give you a thorough introduction to the Five Elements practices of the Bön Buddhist tradition.
This course features
- Teaching Videos – receive original teachings by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche created especially for this course
- Guided Meditation Videos – be led by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche in your own home
Meditation Assignments– experience improvement in your daily life through formal and informal practices designed for each element
- Reading Assignments – enhance your understanding through focused study of Tenzin Rinpoche’s book Healing with Form, Energy and Light
- Personal Journal – develop your experiences and insights through daily journaling tracking your transformational journey
- Weekly Online Discussions – contribute to a global discussion with your classmates facilitated by by John Jackson, the director of the Chamma Ling retreat center.
Students work with the online materials according to their own schedules. However, as a general guideline we suggest that students make available – 1 hour each week to enjoy the teaching videos, 30 – 90 minutes each morning during the course to experience the formal meditation practices (don’t worry if you miss a practice but try not to); and between 1 to 2 hours for reading, journaling and participating in Online discussions.
“This course made me realize that the Five Elements practices are an incredible antidote to the stress, anxiety, and disconnection that are so prevalent in modern life. The practices helped enormously to make me more aware of and in harmony with the natural world surrounding me and in balance with my own inner world. I reached some profound insights into certain issues I have, and the practices are truly healing.” — JB, Colorado
The course is structured in six parts of one week each:
1. Overview of the Five Elements– Introducing the combination of the elements meditation practice. Establish an excellent foundation. Familiarise yourself with the online course format, meet your classmates from around the world.
2. The Earth Element –Examine the qualities of the earth element, how it manifests in your life, and how you can bring that element into balance, using the Earth guided meditation.
3. The Water Element – Explore the subtle qualities of water, how those qualities manifest in work, relationships, and within yourself. Experience bringing the element of fluidity into balance using the Water guided meditation.
4. The Fire Element – Balance the fire element; stimulate creativity and connect with others. Find enthusiasm for living and gain mastery over anger. Focus these vibrant energies within yourself through the Fire guided meditation.
5. The Air Element–Experience the healing wind that connects all the organs within your body, and which is the fundamental source of life force, or ‘lung’ in Tibetan. Stimulate the clear circulation of that force in our lives and consciousness thorugh the Air guided meditation.
6. The Space Element – Connect with the all pervasive, clear space that is the ground of being and is present in every moment of our lives. Feel a direct connection to this most subtle essence within ourselves through the Space guided meditation.
We think you will find the course stimulating, educational, and a great support to discovering a new balance within your life.
“I was very pleased with the course and the videos were of good quality. I found it interesting, clear and helpful in strengthening my meditation.” — Cindy, the Netherlands
Course Dates: June 22 – August 3, 2018
Cost: New Lower Price – $195, registration now open.