Free Six-Month Course
September 10, 2016 – March 15, 2017
The more attached we are to our loved ones, our possessions, and our sense of identity, the more we suffer. Realizing this truth frees us to find joy in each simple moment of life, and peace at the moment of death. According to the Tibetan spiritual traditions, living and dying are part of a sacred continuum. Death need not be considered a failure, negative, or even a loss; rather, it is a transition toward a new beginning. In this six-month series of teachings and guided meditations, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche will help you to:
- Let go of your false identity and discover who you truly are.
- Free yourself from fears and attachments.
- Find more hope and joy in life.
- Understand the dying process as a pathway to wisdom and rebirth.
- Recognize the parallels between dying and falling asleep.
- Find peace with your own death.
- Help others through sickness and death.
This online course is open to everyone, from the young and healthy to those who are facing death, as well as their caregivers. It is based on a series of monthly free live webcasts offered by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche through Ligmincha International. Here, you will find all the recordings and other related support materials from the webcast series as they are produced, as well as a discussion forum for mutual support in your practice. Forum moderators will ensure that discussions are appropriate and supportive.
NEXT FREE LIVE WEBCAST OF THE SERIES
Saturday, February 11, 2017, 3–4:10 p.m. Eastern Time U.S. (New York time)
Helping Loved Ones Through Sickness and Death
The time may come when you feel called to support a friend or loved one through the struggles of aging, sickness, and death. According to the Tibetan traditions, to be of true service a helper needs three beneficial qualities: openness, awareness, and warmth. In this free live webcast, Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche explains how to:
- Open yourself more fully to your friend or loved one without being driven by fears or expectations.
- Connect more fully with the person, rather than disengaging due to stress, emotion, or compassion fatigue.
- Host the other person in the warmth of loving-kindness, to nurture a genuine sense of acceptance, comfort, protection, and trust.
Six-Month Webcast Schedule. Each free live webcast is scheduled for the second Saturday of each month and will take place from 3-4:10 p.m. Eastern Time U.S. (New York time). Within a few days after each live webcast, the video and downloadable audio recordings will be added to the course site so that they may be reviewed at any time.
- September 10, 2016—Part 1: Releasing Attachments, Finding Freedom and Joy
- October 8, 2016—Part 2: Transcending Fear, Finding Hope
- November 12, 2016—Part 3: Asleep but Not Unconscious: Discovering Awareness in the Sleep State
- December 10, 2016—Part 4: Sleep and Death as Doorways to Wisdom
- January 14, 2017—Part 5: Finding Peace With Death
- February 11, 2017—Part 6: Helping Loved Ones Through Sickness and Death. Register now
Note: Registration for this course on LigminchaLearning.com does not subscribe you to the webcasts, or vice versa. Use the links below or above to register separately for the course, with its archived videos and discussion forum, or for the next upcoming webcast. You must register separately for each webcast.
- Enjoy the video tour of how our courses work
- Frequently Asked Questions for online courses
- Frequently Asked Questions about webcasts