This October: Seven Days of Online Commemoration Honoring Ligmincha’s 25th Anniversary
The full schedule of events will be posted here soon!
On October 22, a commemoration will take place at Ligmincha International’s Serenity Ridge Retreat Center in central Virginia, U.S.A, as Ligmincha honors the 25 years since its founding by Geshe Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. If you can’t be at Serenity Ridge that day, you can still participate in the opening festivities from your computer or other device — part of a full week of special online observances — by visiting the Ligmincha International Facebook page. You don’t need a Facebook account to participate!
This weeklong event, October 22–28, 2017, is known as Cyber-Sangha Week. It’s Ligmincha’s way of commemorating its teachers, teachings, and traditions, as well as its many worldwide centers and spiritual communities (sanghas). By clicking and viewing, you’ll discover how you can benefit from a wide variety of online and in-person offerings.
The week’s observances include:
October 22: An opening ceremony will be broadcast live on Facebook from Serenity Ridge. There, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, other Bön lamas, and others will honor Ligmincha and some of the individuals who have contributed in a big way to Ligmincha over the years. Also on that day Ligmincha’s other primary retreat centers — Chamma Ling Mexico, Chamma Ling Poland, Chamma Ling Colorado, and Lishu Institute in Dehradun, India — are invited to share live broadcasts, recorded videos, photographs, and more.
October 23–28: Ligmincha sanghas throughout North and South America, Europe, and beyond will be posting and broadcasting online. Return to this page soon to view the full weekly schedule. So far, planned sharings include:
– Guided meditations broadcast live from practice groups around the world
– Live and recorded video tours of practice centers and teaching halls
– Live and recorded greetings from sangha members and Bön lamas worldwide
– Videos of previous on-site teachings around the world by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche
– Photo albums of local sanghas, centers, and events
– Diary entries from travels to sacred Bon and Buddhist locales in India and Nepal
– Announcement of the release of a mobile app designed to support the practice of Rinpoche’s teachings
– Video introducing Rinpoche, Ligmincha’s vision, and many of the volunteers working to support his efforts.
It all happens on the Facebook page of Ligmincha International, www.facebook.com/ligminchainternational
• If you’re a Facebook member, be sure to “like” the page so you can be notified of posts as they arrive.
• For updates about Cyber Sangha Week and its schedule, click here
• A note to Ligmincha sanghas that haven’t already sent their suggestions for participating in Cyber-Sangha Week: To learn how you can contribute, please email the Cyber-Sangha Week Committee